Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks

And so begins the winter holiday season. And this year I have so very much for which to be thankful.

First and above all other I want to thank all my friends and family who have been there for me in the last 18 months or so. It's been an incredibly long and hard road to get to where I am now, to find the path to success that I have found. And I would not have been able to do so without all of you lifting me up and encouraging me in my struggle. Because of you, I have the strength I have now. Because of your support and encouragement, I can stand as well as I can.

Secondly and specifically, I am thankful for my mother and Randy. You have sacrificed (however great or small) to ensure that I have a place to live and call home, that my cats can stay with me and together. I know do not show my gratitude enough around the house, but I'm trying to be better at it. But I AM extremely grateful for you both.

I am thankful for the Renaissance Festival and all my rennie friends. This season was a damn sight better than last season, for many reasons. But I feel like I got to step out a little more this year. And I had a lot of fun. Thank you Russell, Steve, and Chandler for working your asses off and I look forward to working with you guys next season. And thank you, Bettina, for all the little bits this season. A score and seventeen times blessed.

I am thankful for St. James Lutheran church and her choir. I get a chance to sing and having a church to call home has helped me in a million tiny ways.

I have to thank Terri for pointing out the job opportunity. I have employment for the first time since March of '09. I could have been looking harder than I have (and probably SHOULD have) but for a time my financial aid was enough to cover what little expenses I had. But now that I have my license back, I am reminded that just driving a car is a significant enough expense.

Thank you, David Cook. Without your generosity, I wouldn't be ABLE to drive just yet. Having the ability to drive greatly extended my reach for things like employment.

And not least, I give my thanks to God. Without His grace in my life, I would not have such excellent friends, such loving family, and such timely luck as I have. I have had to go up against adversity, but not near as much as some. I have stumbled and fallen, but I have been made resilient (physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally) to resist and recover from such trials.

I love you all, and I thank you all.

veni, veni, emmanuel

No comments: