Wednesday, January 19, 2011

They Say You Want a Resolution...

There is a reason I have taken this long to post any resolutions. I've been looking over what I want to accomplish and what I have accomplished. I was looking at the resolutions I made last year and while I didn't accomplish as many as I'd have liked, I did complete(accomplish, accomplish, accomplish. accomplish) the majority of the list.


2011 - A List of Resolutions (with commentary)

Continue to improve my diet - it's a process. I slip sometimes, but it's better overall. More veggies and fruit, less fatty foods, processed grains, and empty calories. (Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants)

Exercise more, get in shape - I'm enlisting this year and I'm not as young as I used to be. So I have to compensate with better fitness. I keep saying this every year. This year I'm actually going to do it. (No, really. No. Really.)

Continue to improve wardrobe - I finally got some really good hats, this makes me happy. I hope to pick up a few nice vests and a good suit. The vests will all but force me to dress better to get enough use to warrant buying more clothing. (Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man)

Keep pushing forward with my education - I am facing frustrating delays with enlistment and transfers, but I must not and will not just give up on finishing the degree. The likely enlistment schedule is going to mean two semesters off instead of one, and that will delay my degree-getting, but I will still finish it. And I will continue to press for a PhD, but all of that is the future years. This year, this Spring semester, I am trying to improve my GPA as much as I can. (i can haz gud graedz?)

More art, creativity - I wrote many letters last year, and I will continue to do so this year. I need to draw more, if only just because I have some small talent and I need to keep using it. I have armies to assemble and paint. I will keep singing. (jackal. it's a jackal. is it a jackal? it's a jackal!)

Grow my Faith - I have been selected as the chairman of the Music & Worship committee at church. (responsibility?! hsssssssss!!!1) I need to take that role seriously and help the congregation of St. James within the context of that role. I will continue to sing in the choir (and louder, since my aunt[s], grandmother, cousin, and other fellow choir and church members note that I should)


A much less general list than last year, but also a lot tougher, given the parameters. But I'm awesome. It is ALL within the realm of things I can do. I just need to, well, resolve to do so.

by the power of greyskull...

No comments: