Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Wishes

Christmas hasn't been simple since my 12th, back in '94. Then came separation of the parents. Then I was a teenager. Then just a bunch of...stuff. Mess, really. Doesn't look like this year's going to be any different. The whole mess with the parents has been as settled as it's going to get for this year. Christmas Eve here, and thusly also Christmas morning. Christmas lunch with my dad's mother, then to my dad's that evening. Then off to Bristol for Christmas with my mom's family on the 26th from Hickory. Alas, but both I will not be able to see Holly again until after I get back from Bristol on the 28th, but that works out for the best. The USPS was, even for this season, retardly slow is getting payment for Holly's present to the business from which the purchases came. 10 days! 10! For envelopes going to Texas and Tennessee! From North Carolina! WTF?! So I'm looking to get them in next week very early. Oh well. What can you do? I have Midnight Mass to look forward to, which is one of my little personal holiday traditions. Very beautiful service, if you go in for that sort of thing. But old languages, tradtional hymns and centuries old rituals are right up my alley. I'm happy. I really am. These last couple of days, I've been a little tired, head a little sore. So I apologize if I've been a bit impatient and snappy. Despite a little hiccup in the plan here or there, life is good. It'd be great, but the world puts a far greater concern and importance on money than I do, but thus is the world, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm going to be far, far too busy to blog tomorrow, and I'll be separated from the internet (nnnoooooooooo!) for the majority of the next few days, so no blogs until after Christmas. I know my three member audience will weep for their loss, but my heart is hardened to their tears. Nay, indeed it lives for the salty sweetness of their embittered grief! Or, um...yeah. Stuff.

Ego te amo, mea carissime, mea Holly.

1 comment:

Budroe said...

Accidented across your Blog. I was highly impressed, and somewhat amazed to find another North Carolinian of some theological solidarity with such a nice writing style. I also was touched to read your anticipation of Christmas festivities which so closely mirrored my own for over twenty years. This is the first year in ten years I will not have to dance between other people's agenda. I live outside Louisville, Ky, and a terrible storm has all but cancelled Christmas here. I hope you have a quiet, Blessed, and Holy Christmas. I look forward to reading more in your Journal.

Blessings,

kybudman55@aol.com
http://journals.aol.com/kybud55/ContemplationsofSchizophrenia