Saturday, May 07, 2005

*cricket*

Wow. It's been a while. Just to check in, things are going right well. We settled into the new place over the space of a few...well...minutes. Even Doug and Chris, who weren't living in a state of half-moved, settled swiftly. Bailey, "our"(Chris' dog, but she's just as much mine, really) dog, settled the fastest of us all. She came in, ran around, jumped, smiled, played, and was at home. While we were still moving stuff in, of course. I think the one creature in the house that took the longest was Ebony, the cat. But even he, in his psycho-squirelliness, was settled in a few days. I still lack furniture, but my mom is coming up Monday with a goodly portion of it, so I'll have more than my bed, some boxes and a handful of milk crates for furniture. Milk crates worked wonders in the dorm room and as temporay cubicle storage in my old room as a kid. Not so much the me that's trying to establish a non-college bachelor look for myself. I love my closet. Did I mention that I have a closet? A closet! For the first time since my old house back in my junior year in high school a good, what will be, 7 years ago. Which reminds me. I'll be 23 in a week. Now, normally, 23 isn't a big deal. It's just a number of small importance between 21 and 25, when the numbers start counting by fives. But 23 puts me at an age when most people have graduated from college, or are a year or two into careers, not jobs. Right now, I have a stable job. One that I'm good at, I enjoy (most of the time at least), and pays reasonably well. There is plenty of room, and chance, for advancement and, if I wanted it, a career. Ideally, I'd have a job where my livelihood depended not on my treatment of the customer, but on the sheer strength of my work. Like, say, Hollywood stars. Many are notable assholes to the media and fans, but they get paid bajillions of dollars because people like what they do. There is at least one customer on any given day I'll just want to slug and tell off. But I like my job, and wish to keep it. But hey, the raise of awesome should be coming on the next pay check. Which is awesome because I closed out with 41 hours and 41 minutes this week. Overtime, oh yeah. I think that's it for now. Once I get the furniture and my other computer and everything up and going, I'll take some pictures of the place. I promise.

Also, my birthday is going to rock, I can tell already. I'm throwing this hellacious party, and I already know some of what I'm getting. Not because I peaked but because they asked what I wanted, and I told them. Or they've just said "I'm going to give you this." But that's cool with me.

your mind is not your own

3 comments:

thatweirdgirl said...

no surprises? that's so uncool. i'm not telling you anything.

Anonymous said...

Dude, my Horsey's name is Ebony too. *grin* Anywas, congrats on the shiny new apartment and, of course, the imdending wealth.

Anonymous said...

oh, that anonymous was me, Ebo. Sorry.