Thursday, October 23, 2008

On Politics

Ok. It's the middle of election season. And I've done what I can to keep out of the political discussions. I have many friends and loved ones from both ends of both camps and everything in between. I, myself, lean solidly to the right, but I understand the need for compromise and, sometimes, even change. Most of you know who I plan to vote for, and most also know why. And some of it has to do with who else stands by this person. Dean Smith (ok, that's kinda blind following, but it's also amusing/ironic to note it and it's just one of many), Andy m#####-f###### Griffith(!!!), and, I recently discovered, Colin Powell.

I read a blog. Shocking, I know. The author is a sci-fi/movie/pop-culture columnist and a sci-fi novelist. He is a moderate liberal. He is also an intelligent person, very witty, and an excellent writer. So I read it because it is amusing, even if he makes fun of conservatives. And even then, not all the time. He got just as mad at Democrats as he does Republicans in '04 when they snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. But there's no doubt in my mind he's a patriot. His blog pointed me to the article I linked to some months ago about military funeral honors. And another post of his has touched along those lines with regards to Powell's endorsement of Obama. Read it here.

No comments: