Sunday, December 25, 2005

So This is Christmas...

Merry Christmas to one and all. And if you're not of the kind to celebrate Christmas, well, Happy Holidays anyway. And Happy Hannukah too any practitioners of Judeaism in the house. Today...has been a good day. I was a little worried, truth be told. Jerod, Jenna, and I spent the night with my dad for the first time since he and my mom separated some nine years ago. Which is a delicate thing. My mom gets very ansy about these things. But we got up at the absolutely ungodly hour of Oh-Dark-Thirty(06:30 for the kids playing along at home). And had Christmas with my Dad and Barbara. And ate breakfast. Then drove back out to my mom's and was home here at around 10AM. Christmas. Breakfast. Then to my aunt's house for Christmas with my dad's side of the family. Lunch. Then swiftly back home and out to my step-aunt's for the usual awkward Christmas there. And more food. *is full. ugh.*

All-in-all, I came out pretty good. Christmas was a whole lot of fun this year. Transformers and Legos were the order of the day, and I, for one, couldn't be happier. I don't ever ask for anything practical for Christmas. Where's the fun in that? My parents and aunts and uncles and grandparents like to get toys for their children/nephews/grandchildren. They have more fun, I have more fun, it's fun all around. I got, of course, the obligatory clothes, but I asked for some, so it's ok. New jeans are always good. I also got a 1GB USB flash drive. Which is ever so cool and useful. I think that's the only practical thing on my list, as I can use it at work. With it, another 1GB SD card. So that's another 220 songs or so for Vector Prime. I got a very nice brown leather jacket, finally completing my Indian Jones look. Candy, of course. Coffee and chocolate covered coffee beans. TF Cybertron Starscream vs. Vector Prime(US version, not Supreme Starscream), Oil Slick vs. Crystal Widow(TF Universe), and TF Cybertron Runamuck. And Viking Legos. Let me reiterate. Viking. Legos. How awesome is that?! There was, also, the usual assortment of little puzzles and mind benders, movies and music. And a poster-sized '06 calender with a collection of Star Wars movie posters. And I've still got one Christmas left. All told, a good day. It would have been nicer if I could have seen a few more of my friends and loved ones, but I got to talk to a couple of those on the phone today. I hope you all have had as great a day as I have been blessed with today.

Merry Christmas.

o come thou dayspring

No comments: