Friday, December 02, 2005

This is all Hugh's fault.

Ground rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "Five of My Weird Habits" and the people who get tagged need to then write a LJ entry about their five quirky little habits as well as state the rules of this game clearly. In the end, you need to list the next five people who you want to tag.


Right. To it then.

1. I often insert movie soundtrack bits, usually Star Wars, into whatever I'm doing. Usually in my brain. Unless I'm feeling good. In which case I have been known to break out into full-on vocal renditions of the Death Star Trench Assault soundtrack.

2. When opening a door for a friend (which is often. Old School Southern manners.) I will bow and make a very foppish "EEeeeaaaaahhyeeaaaaaa doooooor, sah?" It's from an old old old SNL skit involving one of the guys from Kids in the Hall and another guy. Can't remember names. Or when I saw the skit. They were dressed as 18th century wussy-type fops. But it makes for comical juxtaposition.

3. I love to use the word juxtaposition. And many other large words. Usually because it annoys the heck out of my friends. Other than Hugh.

4. Grammar and spelling nazi. I blame Mrs. Herrington's AG classes.

5. One unintentional benefit of Attention Deficit Disorder. If something does not grab my interest, I have to really force myself to focus on it. However. If something does grab a hold of my interest, I am utterly tenacious in seeing it through. I read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in one sitting. It's also lead me to get up out of bed and assault the internet looking for obscure things from my childhood. Like any stray episodes of Spartikus and The Ancient Cities of Gold, shows I used to watch early, early in the mornings on Nickelodeon back in kindergarden.

Also posted in the LiveJournal. Since that's where it's...y'know...supposed to be. Heh.

i didn't do it. nobody saw me do it.

No comments: