Thursday, March 23, 2006

Interns, and Why They Should Bathe

So there's this intern. Scott decided, in all of his infinite wisdom, that Geek Squad needed to add babysitting to it's already growing list of responsibilities. So he gets us an intern. However, this intern isn't behaving like an intern. He thinks he's a hotshot computer qenius, who needs no instructions or knowledge from us. Even I can say I've been doing this a whole lot longer than he has. I've been building computers, FOR PAY, since I was 16. Almost 8 years ago. 8 Years ago, this kid was 10 years old. And he refuses to accept the Geek Squad way of doing things. So you've got to tell him over and over and over to do things a certain way because that's how Geek Squad wants to do it. But that's not the worst part about him. Oh no. See, the kid doesn't seem to understand bathing. Working with him today, he smelled about 3 days overdue for a shower. This wasn't an observation I made at a distance mind you. Because there's no such thing as personal space to this kid. He hovers. Almost right on top of you. Standing just beyond your peripheral vision just behind your shoulder. It drives me batty! You can't see him, but you can sure as hell smell him! His skin, his face is covered with oil and acne. Shiny from the grease. Dandruff flecked hair. And fingernails that extend about 1/4" to 1/2" beyond the fingertips, yellow and cracked. I just want to punch him in the face every time I see him! It's nerds like that what give us geeks a bad name!

they're just dyin' to meet you

No comments: