Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Today is a good day to die!

Today was a really good day.

Not in a fabulous and magical kind of way, but in the ordinary kind of way that means that much more. I woke up a little earlier than I would have liked, but not so early as to be ridiculous. It was a beautiful day out. A little too cool to have warranted a day in the pool, but not so hot as to be uncomfortable either. Bright, breezy. My mom came up from Salisbury and went to lunch with Chris, Lani, Hannah, and myself. The Mother met the Girlfriend, and there seemed to be mutual liking. Something much better than previous incarnations of whomever got stuck in the role of Justin's Girlfriend. We hit up the Celtic Cafe in Winston and had a very pleasant and tasty meal. Mom couldn't stay much longer than lunch, but it was nice to see her since I missed seeing her for Mother's Day (stupid job and last minute schedule swaps). After lunch we piddled around the house for a little while digesting before heading out and shopping. I ordered the last bits I needed to build Chris a new PC, then we hit up Best Buy to grab a few last minute details, grabbed ingredients for Guinness chocolate cake (yumtastic!) and dashed back home. While ingredients were being prepared (thank you Hannah! Love you!) Chris and I played Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (one of the last minute things I grabbed at Best Buy). Hugh showed up as the cake was cooling, we grabbed up some Wendy's and had a Drink and Smoke while eating the cake and drinking coffee. And the beautiful day had turned into a very pleasant evening and here we are!

All told, I'm not as introspective as I think I was last year. I dunno, more going right this year, I suppose. Don't wanna open tomorrow (or is it today?) but them's the breaks.

It was a good day.

no, YOU have no honor!

No comments: