Friday, May 04, 2007

Whose wine...

What wine?

Where the hell did I dine?

Yes, so it's been far too long since I last posted. I probably would have posted much sooner, but when Hannah is here I've got things more deserving of my attentions. And she's been here a lot. So I've not been on the computer late at night. Who knew? So, let's see if I can't catch things up.

Last Week. Whoooooole lot of lame-ass scheduling crap. When I left work on Wednesday there was Schedule A. Someone went through and changed it sometimes after that and didn't bother to tell the person who was out of town for the rest of the week. AKA me. So for most of last week I was coming in at all odd hours, never when I was originally scheduled. Jimmy and others are trying to give me heat about my timeliness when coming in for work. Yes, I understand the policy. Yes, I know punctuality is professional. Blah. Blah. Blah. My department is out performing the rest of the freaking store. We could very well finish out number one in the district (as a department) once again for the month. If not number one, easily number two. And in the top 25% of the Car Electronics (official external nomenclature, Hugh) departments for the entire company or better! I think it's ok to cut me a little slack if I don't come in exactly on time first thing in the morning for a department that takes two minutes to power on and get ready for the day. Especially since I never get to go home on time. Ever. Rassum frassum. And it's getting worse. It seems that when we finally get the part time help we needed in the department, it's not the way it needs to be. Instead of two people working full time hours with one person pulling an extra 10 or maybe 15 hours of gap coverage, what happens instead is the full-time employee gets full time hours and my hours get cut in half and the new part-time help works 15 hours a week. The heck. Blargh!

So Friday night I got switched to the closing shift. Which means I was privileged with putting the truck stock up on the shelves. Fuuuuun. Then I got to turn around and open the next morning (yay) and turn right around from that and run sound for Chris' gig. The sound part was fun, and always is, but it made for a very long weekend. Especially since I had to turn right around (again) and open (again) on Sunday. Whee. Needless to say, when I got home right after four on Sunday afternoon, my ass took a nap. For four hours. Man. That was a nice nap. Thankfully, I didn't have to go in until 4:30 on Monday, so I got plenty of sleep. Work was work, but nothing stood out in the usual unpleasant way, other than it was a little slow. Ah, but Tuesday was a good day. Why, you ask? Well, it was the first day of May and it was gorgeous. On top of all that, I was off! So I took it upon myself to visit the pool. And I am glad that I did. I sat out from about 3:00 to about 5:00-5:30. Got a little sun, dipped into the (quite cool) water. I read. Oh, how I miss having the time to read. Hannah came into town around 8. She was hoping to get out a little sooner, but that gave me time to do a little cleaning. The bathroom, mostly. (It's been all of two days and it's already looking like it needs to be cleaned again. Not as thoroughly as I did on Tuesday, but still! Doug generates mess just by being.) But Hannah got here in this fantastic little "sheath dress" she wore for a presentation or another at her old high school. Ha-cha, but she looked amazing. Not that she doesn't always look good (and other obligatory good boyfriend talk).


But we spent the evening doing not much of anything. I did some laundry, she hung out with Lani. Later that evening we slipped out to the porch and smoked some hookah with some light drinks and romantic atmosphere. We turned in around 1:00 or so and slept in.

Or at least as much as she'd let me. I'm still teaching her how to maintain unconsciousness until after noon. 11:00 in the morning is not sleeping in where I come from. But we had some lunch and waited until Chris got home then hit the pool around 2:00. And it was good. Bright, warm. The water was still quite cool, but not too bad given the heat. More reading was achieved and Chris brought out Little Blue and some mint tobacco with him, so we were able to smoke it up a little bit. I finally got a little sun. I'm a little pink, but it's not "sunburn pink" so much as "pale Northern European flesh just saw more sun in two days than it had in 8 months pink." But I do have the benefit of actually being able to tan. Unlike Jerod. Who burns, peels, and is pasty once again. We came back inside and dried off and then took some hamburgers (marinated all day in teriyaki sauce) and some hot dogs out to the grill and had us a cook out. Wes was over, having lost his AC at some point the day before, and so we had all six of us outside around a picnic table eating hamburgers and hot dogs. We cleaned up from that just as the sun was setting, so we went back in for some Hustle (excellent TV show. I recommend it highly) and then bed time around 11ish.

Hannah had to get up at some ungodly hour this morning. At some point during the night someone had knocked out Late Spring and let Late Winter and Early Spring take the helm of the weather controls. It made my right leg (and especially the hip for some reason) very unhappy. Which is understandable. Going from warm and bright and relatively dry to cold, dark, and damp makes for a rather miserable morning. Hannah didn't want to get up, I didn't want to get up. We were both quite comfortable where the heck we were, thank you very much. But she had a school/class/something scholastic related she had to go to. And school takes a bigger priority right now than I do. Which was my decision. And it should anyway. But after she left I promptly returned to my near comatose sleep until around 2:00PM. I was, apparently, very tired. But I tossed my darks into the wash and had them dry right as I got out of the shower and just barely squeaked into work on time. Work wasn't bad, and my department (once again) out performed the store. Big shock. When I got home Wes and his roommate Chris were there and we were setting up one of our new little hookahs we (read: I) dubbed the Cupid. It's an awesome little thing with a steel cagey looking carrying basket. We think we'll sell quite a few. they're pretty, they're practical, they're small, and best of all, they're inexpensive. We had us a nice little drink and smoke with some coffee and lightly vanilla flavored tobacco. And now here we are. All caught up. Tomorrow I'm off again (Yay not having to close a Friday, boo only working four days this week.), but it'll be too cold to sun-bathe. The high is forecast to be a balmy 65 degrees tomorrow. Ick. So much for May. But it's probably for the best. I need to ease into the sun exposure. My poor skin just isn't use to it. Living in my Geek Cave and all. At least it's not my mom's basement anymore. Heh.

Oooh! I bet I've been paid by now! Yay!

woke up this mornin' with a wine glass in my hand

No comments: