Monday, January 09, 2006

Moving Cinematics

Farscape. I've gone on about it before, but I just finished the series. Holy cow. Season 4 had a jaw-dropping cliff-hanger WTF?!?! ending. Peacekeeper Wars...a fitting end. The power, the conflict, that moment at the end when finally they all understand the power of wormhole technology. Identifying with John Crichton as much as I do, I could almost feel the conflict in him when he finally unleashes the power the Scorpius and everyone had been after.

But we're not here to write reviews of an ending to a series from many years ago.

Ok, so with this post I might be. But hey. It's my blog. And I wanna be John Crichton. So there.

In other news, it's almost 4AM. Things are just as crazy around here as they were nigh a week ago, but there's signs of calm in the future. I still want more RAM for Skywarp. I've exhausted all other options. The problem lies in the memory controller in the CPU itself. Blargh. That's not a cheap fix. Blargh! However, Media Center is running smoothly enough despite the lack of RAM. Soon, I'll need to get a tuner card or some such. But before that, I'll need more storage. I have nearly every piece of video/anime I own on my two hard drives, but they're closing in on full. Nuts! For those Whos playing at home, let's give a rundown of Skywarp at the moment, shall we?

Skywarp 2.5
Sempron64 2800+
512MB(256) PC3200 RAM
120GB HDD
160GB HDD
16X DVD-ROM
16X DVD+/-RW
6-in-1 Media Reader
Floppy drive
10 USB 2.0 ports (9 external, 1 internal)
4 4LED purple 80mm case fans
1 4LED purple 80mm CPU fan
2 4LED purple 80mm fans in...
...Chieftec 420W Power Supply
HP PSC-1610 All-in-One
Sony 21"(19" viewable) Trinitron monitor (1600x1200)
Chaintech GeForceFX 5500 256MB
SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers.

And that's Skywarp. Some of the peripherals I have not reattached yet. Soon, though. Maybe with my next paycheck I'll get a fitting CPU. Maybe a full on Athlon64. We shall see. Anyway, it's almost 4AM. Time for reading, then bed, then three very peaceful days off.

don't stop me now...

No comments: