Saturday, July 09, 2005

And That's News to Me

Well, about me, really. But hey, that's what this whole blog is for, yeah?

First, Arby's is my new best friend. Often times I don't eat my dinner until 9 or 10PM. Why? Because I have a seriously malfunctioning circadian rhythm. Eating after 7? My word, but that's bad for you! You'll become fat! Perhaps, little Timmy, if I didn't stay up until 2 or 3 most nights. Eat at 10, awake for four more hours at the least. Similar to eating at 6 and going to bed at 10. Reasonable, at least in my sleep patterns. But! Arby's has a thing where you can choose from a selection of options and get four of those items for five bucks. Two sammiches, a fry and a drink for $5.35. Can't beat it.

Secondly, I've reinstalled Final Fantasy XI. Which was an adventure of its own, I tell ya what. Not only is it a lengthy prospect (the actual installation takes two hours-ish from the discs), but I had lost my ID and password. And you can't register but once with the key given. So I call the customer service to get it back. Verification of me being me is going ok, but for the fact that they need the first and last four digits of the credit card I was using when I had the ID. Wtf? That was almost a year ago. I had no clue (then) what it was. A week later, my brain stumbles upon the needed information. If I couldn't remember, I was just going to sacrifce the $20 for a new copy when I got paid again. However, I had already deleted it off the hard drive. So. Two more hours of installing. Then! Eight (EIGHT!) hours of version updating since I bought the game way back in the fall of '03. There had been a lot of updates since then. It didn't help that my network disappeared for a few hours the first time I tried to do the update. But I got back on. Turned all the visuals to maxi-effin-mum. And boy is it pretty. And fun, too. Well it was once I got it working properly. Seems ZoneAlarm doesn't like it when I change areas. Won't allow my computer to download new data for an area. But once I turned off that particular firewall (I've got more where that come from, you buggers!), it was awesome. At least for me, but I'm a geek. A gamer geek. A gamer geek with a Final Fantast addiction going all the way back to '96. The only surviving game addiction that has been around longer is my Zelda addiction which goes back into the 1980's. But that's been discussed around here before. And probably will be again once I get Minish Cap. When, not if.

Lastly, moving sucks. Doug and I lent a hand in moving our friend Heather into her new place, which is a really nice place. On the second floor. Ick. But there were 5 able(ish) bodied guys, Heather, her mom, two trucks, and two trailers. All in all not too bad. But moving twice, whether it's your crap or not, within three months of each other is uncool. Luckily, for me, I have to work tomorrow. They're going to be moving a washer and dryer up stairs. Ha!

Chris will be back from his foray with the National Guard Band this week, meaning there will be drunken smoking going on this weekend upcoming. I've been, mostly, dry for the last three weeks, should be amusing. Hmm. I only seem to drink a lot when Chris is around. Is there a meaning behind that? Either being around him makes me want to drink, or he's my drinking buddy. Probably both.

Whee!

I do believe it's working, good

No comments: