Monday, July 17, 2006

"Weekly" Post

I really meant to post something a few days ago. But I am a lazy fart. But here's the skinny, yo.

So my phone came in this week, and so now I have a cell phone. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone's number anymore. So if you know me and have/had my cell phone number, give me a ring sometime so that I might re-add your phone number into the list. Or message me. Or whatever. It's a pretty nice phone. Been on the market a month or so, maybe. KILLER battery life. I've had it on since Wednesday, and I've got 3 of 4 bars of battery power. And this is WITH the heavy amount of talking on it that I've been doing the last couple of days. Well, heavy for me anyway. It's black, and it's a flip phone. Not a ROKR, though. So I've lost my iTunes on a phone capability. I'll manage, somehow.

I also got a hookah all of my own this week. It's the Vicinity two hose model, offered by Southsmoke.com. Her name is Galadriel. She's a very pretty item, too. I got some nice tobaccos with her, too. A small sample of mint and a mix called Winter Flower, which combines mint, rose, apple, and cola. It's a very nice perfume smelling smoke, with a unique taste. But it might take a little getting used to, as it's not the immediately sweet flavor that we're used to. I'll have to take some pictures of her, soon, as the picture on the website doesn't really do her justice.

World of Warcraft. I am now a paying member. I like it, what can I say. I wish more MMORPG's offered free trials WITHOUT having to buy the software. I paid $39.99 for the "activation" and a "free" month's service. Whereas I could have paid $50 off the shelf never having tried the game at all. It's a very slick move on Blizzard's part, and I applaud them for it. But the game is really fun. And on top of that, it's very easy to start a new character and succeed with it. I'm tempted to start a new character, though I am loathe to toss away the work I put into my warrior. Always had a soft spot for the paladin class...

Today I had a rare weekend day off. Which I promptly spent sleeping in a bit then hitting the pool for three hours. I forget what a nice summer afternoon feels like, constantly being chained in my underappreciating job. Got a little sun, enjoyed the pool. It was nice. Though with the highs being in the mid-90's all week, I'm kinda glad I'll be indoors during the hottest parts of the days. Downside? I have to open almost all this week. This does not make Justin happy. Not one bit. Tomorrow/today promises to be a long one.

i still hate ipods

No comments: