Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Who are you people again?

Tired. Hurt. Too much work, not enough play. Rah.

Also? The smell of pot being smoked makes me sick to my stomach. If I had been thinking a little more clearly, I'd not have gone over there. I knew the guy smoked pot. But I didn't expect 12 of his stoner buddies to show up and begin to pass around the stuff. Which is pretty dumb. Most stoners only hang out with stoners. They being the only people that can really stand pot smoke. Perhaps I made the incorrect conclusion when I thought that it was a sometimes thing he did, not an Every Day After Work kind of thing. Eesh. I also made the mistake of complaining about said upset stomachness to some co-workers. Who glanced about and made sarcastic comments indicating that they, too, dabbled in the marijuana. Just another reason I want out of the place.

I've been enjoying World of Warcraft. Shut up, I'm new to the game. Anyway, I created a paladin, which is more fun than my warrior in many aspects, mostly survivability. Until, of course, level Ridiculous opposing characters (two of them) storm into what amounts to the Newbie Area and kill. A lot. I died at least a dozen times just trying to contribute to the defense of the area. Being level 11 at the time, going against what was later determined to be around 50, seems foolish. But there were many of us. But it was foolish. I didn't have to go, I could have gone along my merry way, but I like to play true to character. Paladin. Honor. Defense of the Realm and all that. But it was still fun helping bring them down. Eventually.

Going back to work, I am tired. Too much work, not enough days off. In a row, at least. By the end of this week, I will have had two days off in a row at the very beginning. That's it. The progression of the 21 days will have been as follows: off, off, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, off, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, off, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, off, WORK, off. And off the 15 days there I'm working, 11 were openers. I haven't worked a mid shift in weeks. I'm better at closing. I struggle when I open. Struggle to be in on time, struggle to perfom, struggle to give anything that even resembles a rat's ass about customers, their computers, managers, budgets, anything. But still they schedule me to open. Why?!?!

where is my mind

No comments: