Sunday, September 11, 2005

Don't Stop Me Now

Wow. That was the best day of work, ever. For any job I've had. Eight hours of installs and tweaks and customisations and defrags and anti-virus and anti-spyware. It was awesome. Finally, someone is paying me a living to do what I love to do the most. I feel like I've come home, so to speak. I'm there five minutes and we're having in depth discussions of anime while running anti-virus programs and complaining about the junk people allow on their computers. It's awesome.

My PS2 is finally seeing some real use. I'd just been using it as a DVD player for the longest time, lacking games. And I hadn't looked into getting any games because most of the ones I want are old and hard to find. But. I went to get my hair cut (the long on in the front near the part) and there's an EB Games in the same shopping center. So I was just browsing the clearance bin. And lo and behold there was a copy of Robotech: Battlecry for $6.99. I had heard mixed reviews, but for $7, I figured it was worth a shot. And I find it enjoyable enough, certainly worth the investment. But I love a good shooter, even if I'm not terribly good at many of them. And the fact that it's a Robotech shooter makes it all the better. Sitting very close by was a copy of a cheese fest zombie action game of epic proportions. Evil Dead: A Fistfull of Boomstick! With voice acting by Bruce Campbell! Shweet! And it plays exactly like I thought it would. A few simple puzzles, lots of zombie slaying, and Bruce Campbell cutdowns. $10 well spent. The other things I got were the PS2 remote and IR sensor (I can't use the new one since the slim PS2 has IR built in and all the remotes out now are made for that. Rah.) and Xenosaga. I haven't started Xenosaga yet, but I'm waiting until I have most of a day to get into it. Xenogears was the best game for the PSX, and Chrono Trigger the best game for the SNES before it. Xenosaga being part of the Xenogears universe, I have high hopes for it.

Later that very same day I had lunch with an amazing young woman. I have some hopes there, as well. I will remain silent on any other details, lest I jinx it. But things look pretty good. All told? Awesome weekend.

blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl

No comments: