Tuesday, November 23, 2004

And the LORD spake, saying "Patience."

Once again, I am being told to have patience. For those three of you out there that read this and haven't heard, the Firefly movie Serenity has been delayed. Originally slated for April 2005, it's been bumped back to September 30th. However, Joss, the director of the film, agrees with the delay. He has said many times that Universal has been working with him every step of the way, not interfering in the creative process, basically being as cool as possible. From what the Mighty Joss tells us, Universal wants Serenity to do as well as it possibly can. And coming out just before Episode III, while it has its benefits, might lead to it getting buried as there's a lot coming out in April. So we wait a few more months. I will do what I can to be patient. It's the best thing I can do. Get people to see the DVD's. Hype up the movie. Cheer at the trailers.

It's just another thing I need patience for. God has gifted me with, what has been called by the only person that matters at the moment, Legendary patience.

"Cool yer jets, kid. Take it easy. Isn't that the way you like to do it, anyway? Isn't that the Way I showed you? Isn't that the Better Way?" God's apparently a very down to earth conversationalist. "Bub." And sounds like Wolverine reads in the comics.
"Yes, LORD. I know. It's just that I don't want to wait."
"Aren't you the one that's always touting about the difference between Needs and Wants?"
"Yes, Father. But I don't wanna."
"Justin..."
"Alright, alright. Jeezy creezy." Apologies to Mr. Izzard.

Yes, I'm nuts. But name me one sane prophet in the whole of the Bible. Go ahead. Try. That's right, you can't. Because they were nuts. You can't be touched by God and remain sane by the standards of the world, y'know?

No comments: