Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I place my curse upon the employment process

For two months, or more, I have been seeking employment. No one would hire me, I imagine because I think my skills and experiences should equal a paltry sum more than they want to pay. In the form of one whole extra dollar an hour than starting wages. But then my cousin stops by, calls a guy he used to work with, I go up to the place, fill out an application, have an interview and get hired. In the space of an HOUR.

What the hell.

So now I'm gainfully employed in a full-time capacity. Washing cars. For $6/hr plus tips. Which isn't too bad for the work. Now I need to find another job for my evenings. Something to run from like 7PM to midnight during the week. I could handle that. Or maybe I'll just work crazy mad hours at the current job. Who knows. I've a job. That's the importat part.

Now to find work in Greensboro.

1 comment:

John said...

Further proof that it's not what you know, it's who you know.