Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Always right, and grim for it.

It's an interesting thing, always being right. Being able to look at someone and pluck something up from inside them they keep hidden from everyone. Scary, really, is more like it. Some things shouldn't be found out, at least not by me. Some things I just don't want to know. But I look at the person and there it is, uninvited, but there just the same. And if I'm right about so much else, does that make me right about the other things? The things that I keep buried and don't think about. If I am, should I behave any differently? Somehow I doubt I will. I've been as right as I have been, and haven't looked back yet. I saw the risk. But I didn't care then. Don't care now. It's still worth the risk. Everything is. And if there wasn't any risk involved, it wouldn't be worth it anway.

Does take a lot of the surprise out of life, though. I miss that.

No comments: