Sunday, January 30, 2005

Legendary Patience

Ah, the plight of [having] the theatre major girlfriend. On top of not getting to see Holly at all during the week, but weekends are soon becoming problematic. Seems her show is starting up, so she's got tech work during the weekend daytime hours. But it seems this show is a lot less tech heavy than her last show, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." And she's not the stage manager, she's just props master. But all the tech work requires her presence. So I get to see her after her tech days. And she's tired and sore. Insert Kiff sigh here. But I do take a little bit of satisfaction from knowing I giving good backrubs. Kiff sigh. Just not going to get any easier. At least not until I move up here full time in April. It was my fault, of course, that she got as tired as she did. My fault for bringing food for the hungry girlfriend. And she likes ribs. Who knew? And boy, did she eat. It was a spectacle only a boyfriend could love, I guess. But it's nice to know she enjoys food.

Valentine's Day is coming up. So of course I've got something special cooked up. Bwahaha. Of course, it's not as though I wouldn't do anything I've got planned for her anyway, it's just a convenient excuse to put a few of them together. Of course, the temptation to get a gift for her, that would really be a gift for me, is there. Though maybe I should scale back on the gift giving a smidge. If I do it every weekend, it loses some meaning.

[edited for clarity 17:07 01.30.05]

No comments: