Saturday, January 22, 2005

New toys! Yay!

So I'm buying Hugh's old laptop. 1.9 Ghz P4, 512MB RAM (plan to upgrade when it's convenient. I like lots of RAM.), 40 GB hard drive, 3 USB + 1 firewire ports, integrated ethernet. But the main thing is that it's portable! I have a laptop again! Yay! She has informed me that her name is Luthien. Or at least that's what I can call her. I name my gadgets. One of the many things that makes me the Kwisatz Haderach of geeks. And I've spent the majority of the evening, and into the night, configuring and updating and installing to my tastes. I was able to do this because work was sooooooooooo sloooooooow. They had us working in shipping. To finish up the work left over from first shift. They didn't even call in most of second shift. At all. I was out of there at 8:40PM. Short some hours this week, but I was able to have a modicum of an evening not at work during the week. Which was much worth it. Luthien's not entirely done, but servicable until I get more software over from Skywarp. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade Skywarp, my desktop PC for those of you keeping score at home, around the time I move. Which I think I'll be able to do with little problem. Seems they fired about five people at the K-Mart distribution center, so once my temporary assignment is over, I'm likely to be hired on full. Though we'll see how I'm liking the job by that point. I don't get to see Holly at all during the week, so I might see about a job with slightly more daylight hours. But that might wait until I actually live here in Greensboro. Wait. I should probably tell you that I'm reporting live from Chris' living room on Luthien. So now you know. Yay! I wanted to antagonise someone, but the idea makes me wearied. It's funny when you'd rather ignore someone than taunt them because in taunting, I'd have to interact with her. Heh. No rest for the wicked. No rest for the wicked. Feeling tired, Babylon?

I think I'm done.

No comments: