Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Lost

So is it that I have lost her? Or is it closer to say that, in trying to get lost, it is she who has lost me? Once she was scared of that. So scared she was willing to do something she wasn't ready for to keep from losing me. In my selfishness, I let her do it. But she has people in her life. The only way I fit into her life was as her boyfriend. I just can't fit in as only her friend. She has lost me. I was hoping to still fit in her life somehow. I just don't see how it's possible. I would have given up my wings for her. I would have forfeited the skies.

So this time you have lost me. But it was through no lack of effort on my part. I did everything right as I know how. I want to be a part of your life, but I can't be. Though it's not anything on my end that's keeping me from fitting in. No doubt Andy is quite pleased. But you're going to be hard pressed to find anyone like me again. Someone as understanding, as loving, as giving, as patient, as forgiving as I was. And I was willing to give more than I had already. You know how much more I would have given to you. But if you ever find you can fit me into your life again, I'm not hard to find. Just walk towards the light in the darkness. There you will find the warmth and strength of the love I wanted to give to you.

do you think you're better off alone

No comments: