Wednesday, March 02, 2005

2 down, 44 to go.

If I can survive the next 44 days, I'll be ok. If I can make it that far, I'll have made it to the weekend Chris, Doug, and I move in at Bridford Lake. But I've got to make it there. At least the important thing is back to what it should be. That'll help. It's just all that stuff the rest of the world thinks is important. It'll all work out somehow, I suppose. It has before, it will again.

Holly and I saw Constantine last night. It was a pretty cool movie. The effects they used were really innovative, I thought, in their concept. I find myself quite intrigued by the character and the comic series, but I don't think I'll be able to look into it anytime soon. Comic books are expensive to catch up on.

I am, however, faced with something difficult. While there's at least some time before it'll come up, it's still something I have to face. It seems there's not a large market for stage managers in Greensboro. So it seems that Holly is likely to end up getting a job somewhere not in Greensboro, which could very well mean not even in North Carolina. I can't take a stance other than loving and supporting, no matter what happens. Any other stance would be selfish. And I can't do that. I can't allow myself to be the thing that weighs her down. It might be that she finds work here in Greensboro, which is what I'm praying for. It might be that she finds something in Winston or Raleigh, which could be worked with. It might not end up so fortunate. But no matter how it ends up, I can't do anything but to love Holly as much as I can for as long as the fates allow us to be together and pray for the best.

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

No comments: